Description: This demonstration shows how some materials absorb certain wavelengths of light. The Didymium glass can be used as well as the roscolux filters.
- Overhead projector with attached prism
- Cardboard slit
- Didymium glass
- Adjust the position of the glass and prism to get a clear rainbow pattern on the screen.
- Turn on the overhead projector.
- Note the full spectrum.
- Place the glass in front of the prism and note the absorption of certain colors (better in real life than in the picture).
- When finished, turn the projector off.
- Return the Didymium glass in to the box.