Description: This demonstration shows how some materials absorb certain wavelengths of light.
The Didymium glass can be used as well as the roscolux filters.
- Overhead projector with attached prism
- Cardboard slit
- Didymium glass
- Aim the rainbow created at the screen. Close the slit a little to create a nice pattern.
- Turn on the overhead projector.
- Note the full spectrum.
- Place the glass in front of the prism and note the absorption of certain colors (better in real life than in the picture).
- When finished, turn the projector off.
- Return the Didymium glass in to the box.