Description: This demonstration is a visual representation of space time.
- Gravitational Surface apparatus
- Video camera
- Clamp on light
- Large ball or dish with weight in it
- Small light ball
- Attach the three legs to the Gravitational surface apparatus with the provided nuts in three holes (spread them out about 120 degrees).
- Position in the classroom and clamp the light to something so it creates a shadow on the cloth.
- Connect the video camera to the AV equipment and align it on the apparatus.
- Place the large ball or the dish with weight in the middle of the cloth.
- Switch the AV equipment to the camera feed.
- Turn on the light.
- Roll the light ball into the fabric and note that it starts to curve towards the middle.