Video: Watch this demo
Description: This demonstration illustrates the function of a solar panel
- Solar cell apparatus
- Table clamp lamp
- (Optional) Voltmeter
- (Optional) Ammeter
- Clamp the lamp to the table.
- Position the solar cell apparatus so the light will shine on it.
- Turn the motor on. Note nothing happens.
- Turn on the table lamp.
- Note that enough power is provided by the solar array to power the electric motor.
- You may connect a voltmeter in parallel or ammeter in series across the two terminals to read off the voltage and current provided by the solar array.