Description: This is a visual model of a voltage drop and the current.
- 2 Ring stands
- circular ring clamp
- 2L bottle with hose
- food dye
- Fill the bottle to the brim with water
- Add food coloring and attach to stand with circular ring
- clip the opposite end of the hose to another ring stand so that it rests above the inverted bottle
- Raise the height of the bottle on the stand until water begins to flow into the bucket
- Raising the bottle corresponds to an increase in potential difference to represent voltage
- The flowing water represents electric current flowing from a high to a low potential
- Return bottle to original height when done
Note: If not done over the sink, include a bucket.