Videos: Preview Video Full Video
Description: This demonstration shows induction by being able to rotate a large 2×4 piece of wood.
- 2×4 Wooden beam.
- Small glass dish
- Rods and Fur
- Put the glass dish is on a level surface.
- Balance the 2×4 on the dish so that it does not touch the surface (glass dish is used as an insulated pivot).
- Show that placing a neutral rod near the neutral board does nothing.
- Put a charge on the rod with the fur and bring it near the aluminum foil.
- The board will slowly start to rotate toward the rod due to induction.
Note: As with most electricity demos, this works best under 50% humidity.