Description: This configuration shows a set of parallel lights connected to AC voltage. This can show the voltage and current flowing through the lightbulbs with different sized batteries.
- 2 Demo multimeters
1 measuring voltage and 1 measuring current
- Set of lightbulbs in parallel
- 7 banana plugs
- Car battery
- 8 AA batteries attached together
- Check to make sure all light bulbs have the same power rating and are screwed in tight.
- Check to make sure the multimeters work and are in their correct settings and all lights work.
- If the professor requests, include light bulbs of different wattage’s.
- When the professor is done, make sure all bulbs are the same power rating before putting away.
Multimeter in Parallel– used for measuring Voltage
- Prepare 2 sets of banana plugs attached into each other
- Attach the series plugs to the V and Com outlets on the multimeter in parallel
- Attach each of those wires to the lightbulbs
- Attach the central banana plug in each series to the positive and negative ends of the battery
- The light should light up and the multimeter will tell you a voltage
Multimeter in Series- used for measuring Current
- Attach the wire coming out of 40A outlet on the multimeter directly to the positive end of the battery
- Attach the wire coming out of Com outlet on the multimeter to the lightbulb
- Attach the third wire from the lightbulb to the negative end of the battery
- The light should light up and the multimeter will tell you a current