Video: Watch this demo
Description: By keeping the plates of a peltier at different temperatures, a current is produced to run the fan.
- Pasco Thermoelectric Fan
- Two small Pyrex beakers
- Hot water
- Small Thermos
- Safety gloves
- Fill one beaker up with hot water.
- Fill the other beaker up with Liquid Nitrogen (LN2).
- Bring the beakers next to each other, and place the fan in each (see second picture).
- Wait for conduction through the metals to occur.
- When the temperature difference between each peltier plate is great enough, current is produced.
- Flick the fan a little to get it to start spinning.
Use caution when working with liquid nitrogen, as it is very cold.