Video: Watch this demo
Description: This demonstration shows that a sterling engine operates simply by heating one end.
A description of how the sterling engine operates can be included here.
- Sterling Engine apparatus
- Bunsen burner
- Long pole
- Table clamp and S clamp
- Setup the rod as shown in the picture.
- Place the sterling engine in the S clamp.
- Connect the Bunsen burner to the gas valve and position directly below the end of the sterling engine.
- Test to make sure it works.
- When the professor is finished, use caution as the equipment may still be hot.
- Turn on the gas valve and light the Bunsen burner.
- Wait a few minutes until the sterling engine starts to move.
- When finished, turn off the gas valve.
Keep away from flammable materials.