Video: Watch this demo
Description: This demonstration visually shows the interaction between magnets and coils when a current is sent through the coils.
- Large DC power supply
- DC motor apparatus
- 2 Banana cables
- (Optional) 3in1 Oil
- (Optional) Oil the points of rotation.
- Connect the DC power supply to the DC motor.
- Test to make sure the motor spins correctly.
- Turn on the power supply.
- Slowly turn the power supply up until the motor spins, (may take 3A @ 20VDC)
- When finished, turn the power supply down and then turn it off.